Deaf Women United will be giving out scholarships to attend the national conference in San Antonio, Texas on June 19-23, 2013. The scholarship entails free room and board and covers registration fee for the national conference. Room will be shared with another scholarship recipient. Transportation to and from the conference will be the sole responsibility of the awardees.
The criteria for obtaining a scholarship:
• Is a Deaf woman, 18 years or older
• Lives in the USA
• Is a current member of DWU prior or during the application process
• Has not attended a national DWU conference before
• Has been involved in an organization for more than 2 years.
Include this form with your:
• Two letters of recommendation or videos
• One page essay double spaced with 12 pt font, demonstrating your leadership experiences and how you think attending a DWU conference will benefit you in your future endeavors. This essay can by submitted via English through email or via video through a link to your video.
Scholarship Recipients will:
• Submit an article to put in our enews after attending the DWU national conference
• Meet with the DWU board during the DWU national conference